Janice Fialka -- Bio
How to Order
Workshops & Keynotes
Janice Fialka presents nationally on a wide range of topics including:
- living and growing as a parent of a child with a disability
- successful strategies to support children to live fully inclusive lives
- college for students with intellectual disabilities
- sibling issues
- self-care for families and professionals
- and other related subjects
Her most frequently requested training and keynote is:
The Dance of Partnership: Why Do My Feet Hurt?
Strengthening Parent-Professional Partnerships
|The Dance of Partnership is offered as a keynote address, as well as a half-day or full-day
training for parents of children with disabilities and the
professionals who work with them. It is designed to assist
participants to better understand the challenges of forming
creative partnerships. As a result of this training, both parents
and professionals gain insights about this working alliance and
are better able to collaborate effectively for children with
Janice believes that strengthening the parent-professional partnership is an essential aspect to helping children achieve their greatest potential.
Mini-lectures, video clips, and interactive activities are used to ensure a lively and thoughtful experience and exchange of ideas.
|She has provided this training for numerous school districts, health agencies, and parent and professionals groups throughout the country including the Michigan Association of Administrators of Special
Education, the Grant Wood Area Education Agency in Iowa, the Indiana State Department of Health, and the Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association. For a complete list of her presentations, click here.
- To provide time to reflect on parent-professional partnerships.
- To enhance insight and understanding of the unique dimensions which complicate and challenge the working partnership -- from both the parent and the professional perspectives.
- To discuss the phases of partnership.
- To identify practical strategies which promote partnerships.
- To renew a personal commitment to forming partnerships.
|Invitations for keynotes, training, and workshops are welcome.